Bari - Barletta
cost of works
€ 33,9 Millions
scope of works
Final and Detailed Dsign
Large project: “Railway adaptation of the northern Bari metropolitan area” (D.G.R. Puglia of 12/02/2008, no.146).
Bari – Barletta Line: works for doubling, speeding up and expansion in the Corato – Barletta stretch, with the putting underground of the railway line in the built-up area of Andria and the interconnection with RFI at the RFI station in Barletta and Bari.
The Bari – Barletta railway line is double track from the Fesca San Girolamo station to the Ruvo station, while the doubling of the section between Ruvo and Corato is in progress. The current plan therefore provides for the doubling of the track along the single track section, necessary to obtain a continuous double track for the entire Bari – Andria section.
Sintagma’s activities concerned the final and detailed design of work that included:
- the doubling of the line from the Corato station (km. 44+540.33) to the new Andria Sud station (the latter not included in this contract) (km. 55+370.35) including its electrification;
- the elimination of the level crossing km. 45+071.90 on the section of the Corato-Andria railway line, with the construction of a railway underpass;
- the construction of two railway overpasses for the elimination respectively of the level crossing at km. 47+667.47 (Via Vecchia Barletta) and of the level crossing at Km 53+186.12 (Sant’Angelo local road) and the construction of road belt highways for the solving of other interferences;
- the adaptation of existing works (extension of 6 existing masonry bridges, drains and walls) in the section with the doubling of the railway line, currently single track.
- the construction of a car park for 54 cars in the service area of the FBN railway station, with access from Via R. Paolucci (subject of another contract).