Riga airport, train station
New airport train station with link for Riga central station
Eiropas Dzelzcela Linijas Rail Baltica
cost of works
€ 227 Millions
scope of works
Preliminary and final detailed design
The “Construction Design of Rail Baltica’s Airport Riga Railway Station, related Infrastructure, and Viaduct” is a part of a bigger railway project that will integrate the Baltic States within the European railway network.
The project will connect five European Union countries – Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and, indirectly, Finland – through seven international railway passengers’ stations – Tallinn, Pärnu, Riga Central, Riga Airport, Kaunas and Vilnius – by means of a European gauge railway line.
Sintagma’s activities concerned the Preliminary and Final Detailed Design, that included:
- Track-way Alignment Engineering and Railway Design
- 8 km of viaduct connect the station to the other rail line that bypasses Riga. The viaducts are in reinforced concrete consisting in a deck of double “T” precast girders continuous along 3 spans;
- Rail Baltica railway station (with roughly 200 m platform extension inside the station and roughly 200 m outside) on a viaduct;
- overpass crossing Ulmana Gatve (steel deck with 3 spans: 30m + 52.9m+ 30m);
- about 2.5 km of embankment in the section from Imanta to the airport (up to 12 metres in height);
- Reconnection Roads for a total extension of 5,7 km;
- a cargo link to the airport area.